PAN Card Procedure for New, Changes, etc | PAN Application Process

The process of getting a PAN card has now been simplified to a great extent. It can be time consuming to understand the right procedure to get the name change done to get correction in the existing card, thus it is highly advisable that you take help of a expert professional. This would not only save your time, but will also ensure that no mistakes are done in your pan registration process.

Below is the proper pan application process if you need to apply for a new PAN:

  • Form 49A is the prescribed form for applying for PAN card in India. This form can be obtained in the following ways:

o   It can be downloaded from the website of any reliable NRI pan agent servicing clients in the USA, Canada, UK, Australia, etc. One such broker is: (You can start your PAN application process on their site and print out the form).

o    It can also be obtained from the websites of UTI Investor Services Ltd (UTIISL) and the National Securities Depository Ltd. (NSDL).

o   Finally, printed copy of the form can be obtained from IT PAN Service Centers and TIN Facilitation Centers.


  • Fill out the form and supply the necessary documents with it. These include the following:

o   You will have to give your photograph of size 3.5 cm X 2.5 cm.

o   A document is required to supply your proof of address and proof of identity. Certain specific documents are acceptable for this purpose. They are listed in the above website.

o   The designation and the code of the assessing officer of the Income Tax department have to be mentioned. This can be obtained by contacting them.

  • For Indian residents = A fee of Rs.94.00 plus tax along with the completed form and the supporting documents has to be deposited in any of the numerous facilitation centers located all across the country. Once the verification is done, your laminated PAN card with your unique PAN number will be posted to your residence.For NRIs and Non-Indian citizens = Fee of Rs.964 need to be paid in the form of a Indian rupee DD (bank demand draft).
  • If your PAN card is lost or stolen, you will need to make an FIR and then apply for the issue of a duplicate card. Applications will also have to be made if there is any change in the name or the address. Your PAN number remains the same.
  • You are supposed to receive your PAN card within fifteen days. If you do not receive it, you can check the status of your card through the websites of Income Tax department, UTIISL, NSDL or the authorized PAN broker agency. You will need the fifteen digit code given to you three days after submission or the twelve digit code given to you at the time of online submission.

Kindly note, if you wish to know the PAN application procedure to make correction, changes, updates or apply a duplicate; then you may send your inquiry to us directly and we would take immense pleasure to assist you with the best of our abilities.

This entry was posted in Lost PAN Card, PAN Card, PAN Number and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>